Glycerine also known as glycerol is a chemical compound, a simple polyol one. It is primarily a viscous liquid devoid of any color or shape. Made out of 3 hydroxyl groups it is hygroscopic in nature and is soluble in water. It is sweet in taste and has a low toxic content (generally recignized as safe – thus at least not in theory UN-healthy). Forming the chief constituent of triglycerides, glycerine is generated as a result of fats going through the process of saponification during the process of soap manufacturing. It might also be generated as a byproduct of biodiesel while manufacturing. As far as the question where to buy glycerine, its simplest form, is concerned, the answer is, it is likely to be found at the chemist and druggist stores or local grocery stores.
Applications of Glycerine
Glycerine can be used for a variety of reasons and has a reasonably wide application. They are as follows:
• Glycerine is widely used in food as it serves the role of sweetener, solvent as well as preserver. It is put to use as filler in low fat foods and as thickening component in liqueurs. Specific kind of leaves can be preserved very well with a combination of glycerin and water. Since it is as sweet as sucrose yet free from the calorie content that sucrose has, it forms the best and easily available sweetener. Also it does not support plaque inducing bacteria.
• Ever heard of
? These are water binding additives meant to enhance stability, maintenance of texture and reduction of microbial activity in the form of reduction of water activity. Glycerine performs the function of humectants in the production of snus; a sort of smokeless tobacco consumed orally and is usually moist. The role of glycerine as humectants in snus is thus to preserve the tobacco against bacterial growth and to keep it moist.
• Electronic cigarettes being an important substitute of traditional cigarette nowadays, we can guess how beneficial glycerin – vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol make up a typical 70(pg)/30(vg) mix which is the ideal balance for most of them. Since it is glycerine only which forms the main e juice solution/base that these e-cigs use to produce a steady consistent vapor.
• Pure glycerine is a very good cure of skin diseases such as psoriasis, rashes, bed sores, burns, cuts. Also because it contains bacterial desiccant, it is beneficial for halitosis and periodontal diseases.
• Glycerine finds use in skin-care products, soaps, shaving cream, toothpaste, cough syrups as well as hair-care products.
The importance of glycerine being so immense and wide in its use cases; where to purchase glycerine becomes an obvious question for many
Apart from the chemist, local food store in addition to pharmacy counter might be of considerable help. I personally have had no issues in finding it at my local natural health foods and supplements shop very reasonably prices (I do my own DIY e-cig vape liquid mixing) This was simply about glycerine; however, if we are to search for the best flavored e liquid, almost all the top brands of e-cigs also offer with e liquid filled cartridges of their own. A sufficient research and first knowledge as to which e liquid serves the best is always necessary.
Top Five brands that provide with E-liquids
• Pec Smoke offers with hand made gourmet e-liquids that has stemmed from a three year experience by professionals. The vapor and flavor strength are varied catering to the requirements of the users. They add the flavors much after retaining the desired strength of nicotine.
• Totally Wicked, another e-cig brand also offers with flavored e liquid along with e-cig starter kits.
• Liberty Flights, a leading brand claims to be a specialized contender in the e-cig market as far as e liquid is concerned. They process the e liquid such that propylene glycerol or glycerine forms the main component along with myriads of added flavors.
• E juice Wizard also comes with desired e juice of all ranges along with e-cig kits.
• E- Juice USA claims to be one of the best brands as far as e liquids are concerned. They are said to substitute nicotine with pharmaceutical replacement. What is more alluring about this e liquid brand is that they are not costly.
To get the best e liquid or propylene glycerol solution from any of these brands, one would probably not need to pose the question where to buy glycerine (e liquid) as all the above mentioned brands have their own websites. One just needs to place the order online according to one’s preferences
Benefits of Glycerin (e liquid) to Tobacco
While tobacco smoking induces intake of nicotine in enormous amount along with myriads of other harmful substances like tar which forms a major residue of tobacco smokes, processed glycerine or e liquid relieves a person of all these keeping the action of smoking intact. Also since they are available in a range of flavors, one tends to get innumerable option as per taste. They also encourage a balanced nicotine intake since the person can customize the nicotine content according to his or her desire. What is most beneficial about glycerine is that they increase the rate of cellular metabolism, once converted into glucose by the liver. No wonder, now the question where to buy glycerine seems all the more plausible!